You are hereDorothyL / Memorable Books of 2013 on DorothyL / Maintenance of DL Bests lists / Issues For Posting DorothyL Memorable Books of the Year Lists / Requested Format for Best of Year Booklists on DorothyL
Requested Format for Best of Year Booklists on DorothyL
For your list of Memorable Books read, here’s what we would like you to include:
- Memorable books which you read (for the first time) in the year for which we are collecting. We've changed the title from "Best Books of Year" to "Memorable" because people preferred it. These memorable stories need not necessarily be published that year. I.e. if we're collecting booklists for 2012, the titles needn't be published in 2012.
- Any quantity of titles as long as they've hit your highest rating. It doesn’t make any more work for us and here’s why we think it's a good idea to submit an unlimited quantity of Memorable Books.
- If you are an author, please include at least one of your own titles. Check here for the rules for authors submitting their own titles.
This is our requested format for publishing your Memorable booklist:
- In one group,
Author Last Name, Author First Name, Title, Copyright Year, [optional SS for short story]
Please put these on one line separated by commas or spaces only please, i.e. AuthorLastName COMMA SPACE AuthorFirstName COMMA SPACE Title COMMA SPACE CopyrightYear COMMA SPACE [SS]
- In a separate group,
Identifier (Author + Title), Comments
Listing the Author + Title is simply a way to identify to which book the comments belong, formatting and spelling of the identifier are not important; we will copy only the comments.
- That's copyright year, NOT publication year. If you’re not sure of the copyright year, just omit it; we'll add it later.
- Please try and post your booklist to DorothyL in this format, it makes MUCH, MUCH less work for the volunteers. Click here for why we ask for a special format for posting Booklists and if you really want to know what we have to do, you can find our instructions for processing DL data.
Please do not:
- Start the line with numbers
- Enclose anything between parentheses
- Add dashes
- Add an extra line between Best of Year books
All these just add more work for us to remove.
However, we will accept your post in any format.
When you have compiled your Best Of Year Booklist, publish to DorothyL.
See the other issues about posting Memorable Books: